Thursday, 25 August 2016

Upgrading my armour

So the time has come for another competition entry. This time the theme was vehicles/armour, so I did a heavily weathered Hellhound to sit with my (very slowly) growing IG force.

This time I went to town with some mud type effects (Stirland Mud texture paint, washed with Agrax Earthshade and then drybrushed with Karak Stone). Here are some pictures...I think I may have overcooked it in a few places, but overall I'm pretty happy with the results.

Whilst I was in the mood for tanks, I got some of my old armour out and improved them a bit. There's something satisfying about upgrading a shows you how far your skills have come along. Here I added some weathering, redid the carbon staining from the exhausts, added some tonal variation on the reds and did the edge highlights on the black areas. Still to do is the transfer in the front of the hull, and at some point, some freehand designs on the top of the hull.

And here are my two 'Speed painted' rhinos...with a small amount more weathering as well.