Thursday 23 June 2016

'Speed' painting Sigmar

So my Knight Questor arrived! I couldn't resist cracking on with him as I've been waiting ages to paint something from Age of Sigmar (although this model is from the Silver Tower game). Here are some WIP shots of my evening:

Primed in black, then base coated in Hashut Copper:


Next a liberal drybrush of Gehannas Gold:


Followed by a slightly more conservative Runefang Steel drybrush, with a bit of extra Runefang highlighting on the very exposed tips:


And now a Seraphim Sepia wash, the astute will notice I have started blocking in some of the Kantor Blue here as well :


Followed by an Agrax Earthshade wash (sorry the picture is a bit blurry...its getting dark!):


So I'm pretty happy with how things are going so far. The sculpt on this figure is astonishing, and next to no mould lines or flashing. I love the pose too, and the level of detail is brilliant. I hope this doesn't mean a new addiction to Stormcast Eternals!

I'll get some better pictures next time I paint so that you can see the progress a bit more clearly!

No comments:

Post a Comment